- Committee Meetings
- Regulatory Hearings
- Laws and Regulations
- License Verification
- License Renewal Information
- Electronic Fingerprint Requirement Information
- How to Become Licensed?
- Educational Programs and Courses
- 2014 Examination Schedules
- RDH Examination Recorders
- DHCC Newsletters
- DHCC Strategic Plan
- Sponsored Free Healthcare Event Info
- California Dental Board
- Join Our Mailing List
- DHCC's Customer Satisfaction Survey
- DHCC Survey Data
Welcome to the new Dental Hygiene Committee of California (DHCC) web site. We are proud and excited that DHCC is the first of its kind in the United States.
The DHCC will consist of nine-members appointed by the Governor; four public members, one practicing dentist and four dental hygienists. The responsibilities of DHCC include issuing, reviewing, and revoking licenses as well as developing and administering examinations. Additional functions include adopting regulations, determining fees and continuing education requirements for all hygiene licensure categories.
At this time, dental hygiene licenses and permits cannot be renewed online.