- How to Become Licensed?
- Committee Meetings
- Regulatory Hearings
- Laws and Regulations
- License Verification
- License Renewal Information
- Electronic Fingerprint Requirement Information
- Educational Programs and Courses
- DHCC Newsletters
- DHCC Strategic Plan
- Sponsored Free Healthcare Event Info
- California Dental Board
- Join Our Mailing List
- DHCC's Customer Satisfaction Survey
- DHCC Survey Data
How to Become a Licensed Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) in California by successful completion of the Western Regional Examination Board (WREB)
A law effective January 1, 2010, will allow those seeking licensure in California as a Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) to obtain licensure by passing the Western Regional Examination Board (WREB). The application and examination forms on this page contain all of the requirements that a WREB applicant for RDH examination and licensure must complete. Applicants must:
- Be a graduate of a board approved and accredited Dental Hygiene program.
- Successfully complete the WREB.
- Complete approved courses in the administration of local anesthesia, soft tissue curretage, and nitrous oxide.
- Pass the National written examination.
Once the application is deemed complete, a letter will be sent to the applicant containing information allowing the applicant to schedule their law and ethics written examination through a computer-based testing agency (PSI). Qualified applicants must then pass the written Law and Ethics examination.
- WREB Application Form
- WREB Checklist
- Out-of-State Licensure Certification Form
- National Board Dental Hygiene Examination Scorecard Request
- Request for WREB Score
- Certification Form for Completion of ADA Radiation Safety Program
- Board-Approved STC, NO, LA Courses
- Fingerprinting Information
- Law and Ethics Written Examinations - PSI Candidate Handbook
- Applicant Name and Address Change