- Hygiene Survey Data
- DHCC's Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Electronic Fingerprint Requirement Information
- Join Our Email List
- New DHCC Committee Members
- 2013 RDH Examination Schedule
- License Renewal Information
- California Dental Board
- How to Become Licensed?
- FNP Application and Requirements
- Regulatory Hearings
- Committee Meeting Calendar
- License Verification
- Laws and Regulations
- Educational Programs and Courses
- RDH Examination Recorders
- Committee Newsletter
- Strategic Plan
Welcome to the new Dental Hygiene Committee of California (DHCC) web site. We are proud and excited that DHCC is the first of its kind in the United States.
The DHCC will consist of nine-members appointed by the Governor; four public members, one practicing dentist and four dental hygienists. The responsibilities of DHCC include issuing, reviewing, and revoking licenses as well as developing and administering examinations. Additional functions include adopting regulations, determining fees and continuing education requirements for all hygiene licensure categories.
New Changes Effective January 1, 2013:
- A licensee who changes their email address is required to report the change in writing within 30 days.
- Approved Dental Hygiene Programs are required to register extramural sites with DHCC.
- RDHAP's can apply for a mobile dental hygiene clinic permit.
- RDHAP's who desire to own more than one office must first apply for an additional office permit.
- RDHAP's are required to report their practice locations.
- New California RDH educational programs shall submit a feasibility study demonstrating the need for a new educational program prior to seeking approval for initial accreditation from the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Please review these and other new changes and information in DHCC's upcoming newsletter.
At this time, dental hygiene licenses and permits cannot be renewed online.